The Betty and Dorwin Robinson
Endowed Memorial Scholarship
APPLICATION DEADLINE – JULY 31
Award letters will be sent to recipients by August 15
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be a current or prior member of the Sierra Pacific Mission Center (or the child of a member) within four years of application.
- Minimum residency in the Mission Center for at least two years.
- Verification of the above to be provided by the pastor of last residency within the Mission Center. Applications are not considered complete without a verification letter from the applicant’s pastor.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- The funds available for scholarships will be determined by the SPMC Endowment Board each year and distributed evenly between all applicants who qualify and have submitted a completed application no later than July 31st prior to the academic year for which they applied.
- Scholarship fund monies will be paid directly to the college or university specified on the approved application. These funds will be paid in advance at the beginning of the academic year for which they were applied.
- Separate disbursements of funds will be made for the fall and spring semesters. Verification of academic progress and spring enrollment is required for the spring disbursement.
- If the applicant receives the scholarship and subsequently does not attend college, the scholarship monies must be returned to the Endowment Board within 30 days from the first day of classes.
- Renewal applications must be submitted by July 31st, prior to the academic year of attendance.
- Please direct any questions to email@example.com or call the Sierra Pacific Mission Center office at 866-607-7762
- To be considered each application must include:
- Completed application form
- Verification letter from applicant’s pastor (not required for renewal applications)
- Verification of enrollment for new applications; most recent grade report for renewal applications
- All scholarship applications must be submitted to the Endowment Board through the online registration, or by mail to the following address:
Community of Christ SPMC
Attn: Endowment Board
1111 W 14th St
Upland, CA 91786
If you have any questions please contact the Endowment Board
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-607-7762
The Betty and Dorwin Robinson Endowed Memorial Scholarship is available to all members of the Sierra Pacific USA Mission Center who are pursuing continuing education. The scholarship is administered by the Endowment Board. Members of the Board are:
Jen Fischer – President
Rob Thomas – Vice President
Brian Anders – Secretary
Paul Harding, Mission Center Financial Officer – Treasurer – Ex-Officio
Shandra Newcom, Mission Center President – Ex-Officio